When using the Project Setup Wizard to create your new study, at the choose your audience step, you are able to specify how you would like your targets to fall. This will inform the system as to whether any quota demographics are required. There are three options:
- Natural fall out - those who qualify first for your project, based on your target audience, will be able to complete.
- Even spread of ages and genders - our system will try to ensure that all your respondents do not fall within a particular age and gender cohort.
- Custom quota - specify the percentage of respondents that need to meet the demographic criteria you’re interested in.
Using Custom Quotas
When selecting 'Custom Quota', an additional section will appear below. Here, you can create the quota cells you require for your study. Within each quota cell, enter the demographic and screener criteria, then specify the percentage of respondents that you would like to meet that criterion. In order to continue to the next step, all of your quota cells must total 100%.
For example, if you would like a gender split in your project of 30% males and 70% females, you will need to create two quota cells, one for males, and one for females, like this:
Use the accepted screener answers to quota your respondents. For example, create two custom quota cells, 50% buyer of your product, and 50% non-buyer of your product:
Add in as many criteria into each quota cell as you require. Use the operators to dictate the criteria respondents must meet.
- Is one of - the respondent must have selected one of the answers you’ve added to this row.
- Is not one of - the respondent must not have selected one of the answers you’ve added to this row.
- Is all of - the respondent must have selected all of the answers you’ve added to the row (useful for specifying particular combinations to a multi-select question).
- Is not all of - the respondent must not have selected all of the answers you’ve added to the row.
When creating quota cells, be aware that respondents must match all criteria within the quota cell. The below setup will set two quotas, 20% of respondents will be male, who are 18-34, and Walmart shoppers. The second quota cell, which will be 80% of respondents, will be males, who are 35-50 and are not Walmart shoppers.
This totals to 100% and therefore accounts for 100% of the sample size for this study. Respondents who do not match these criteria, as well as any other demographic targeting and screener questions set, will not be able to take part in the study.