This article is going to give a step by step guide on how to embed Voxpopme into the Confirmit platform.
- Setup your survey page where the video question will be added too.
Copy the whole embed code and html tag, below:
- We recommend adding in a checkbox question below the video response that states "I'm having technical difficulty or would no longer like to record". This should re-route the respondent to a text open-end question, allowing the respondent to move smoothly through the survey.
- Replace the Project ID with the Project ID that has been provided to you by a member of the Voxpopme team. This can also be accessed in the Voxpopme portal. To access this ID, head to the portal, select your project and use the Responses drop-down to select Summary.
- If you're setting up a non-English language survey, ensure you've changed the Locale code. This will notify the system of the language that responses are expected to be in. Check out the list of languages available.
- Ensure you are passing through additional data to the Voxpopme portal. We recommend at a minimum passing through a unique identifier for each respondent, like Respondent ID or User ID. Taking a look at the embed code above, you will see an area named 'additional_data'. Within this section, three examples of additional data have been added (First Name, Age and RespID). The name of the variable is shown on the left-hand side. The appropriate merge code for passing through additional data within the survey is added on the right. In the example this is displayed in square brackets, this will need to be replaced with the appropriate merge codes for your survey. For example the merge code for Respid in Confirmit may look like this '^f('RespID’)^'.
- Simply replace the square brackets shown in the embed code above with the appropriate merge code for Confirmit.
- Add in as much additional data as you would like to be passed through to the Voxpopme platform. Previous survey answers can also be passed through to the portal. To add a new piece of additional data you will need to first off add a comma at the end of last additional data line, then add a new line. On the new line, add in the name of the variable in single quotation marks (similar to the example above), next add a colon, and then add in the appropriate merge code for this additional data in single quotation marks. If this is a previous survey answer, the same merge code to pipe through previous survey answers within your survey can be used.
If you have any questions, please contact the Voxpopme team. When your survey is ready, share a test link with the Voxpopme team so we can ensure everything is working correctly.